Russian International Summer School 2017
Posted on April 3, 2017
|LEVEL OF INSTRUCTION||Non-degree|
|DURATION OF THE PROGRAM||Courses (8 weeks)Internship (8 weeks)|
|DATE OF PROGRAM||June 14 –August 9|
|ORIENTATION DAY||June 14|
|LOCATION||The Russian Presidential Academy of NationalEconomy and Public Administration(RANEPA)|
128-HOUR RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSE, AVAILABLE AT 3 LEVELS: ELEMENTARY:designed for students without any prior knowledge of Russian. INTERMEDIATE:designed for students who have completed one or two years of college-level Russian and are looking to develop proficiency in conversation. Intermediate students may be divided into sub-groups, depending on their placement test results. ADVANCED:designed for students focused on business/professional Russian who are looking to refine their language skills and achieve fluency.
- ACADEMIC (UNPAID) INTERNSHIPSmay be requested in different Russian/international companies and organizations.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIESare also available in orphanages, hospitals, nursing homes, and hostels. Students may also volunteer at cultural and recreational events. Students will be required to fill out an internship application form prior to the arrival.
- MULTIPLE EXCURSIONS*to Moscow’s cultural, historical, and recreational sights:sightseeing bus tour, the Kremlin, TretyakovState Gallery, Kolomenskoe, etc.
- LECTURE SERIES*(in English) on contemporary Russian history, economy, and foreign policy, read by Russia’s leading experts and active government officials.
PROGRAM COST THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Russian language placement test
- Study materials
- Visa Invitation Letter
- Transfer from the airport to the campus dormitory
- Orientation Session
- Student ID Card
- Access to all university facilities (gym, library, sports center, etc.)
- Buddy Program
- Official group picture
- Achievement Diploma
THE PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE*:
- Plane Ticket
- Local Transportation
- Personal expenses
- Any other incidental costs
- Housing at the Academy Dormitory/double room costs -300 US Dollars per monthand will be paid by each student upon arrival
- Excursions and lectures on contemporary Russia are optional and available upon the request, the cost depends on the number of participants and starts from 100 US Dollars.
APPLICATIONS DUE BY APRIL 15, 2017 Contacts: Marina Klein, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org Tatiana Kuznetsova, Program Coordinator email@example.com To find out more about this program please visit http://ion.ranepa.ru/en/non-degree/947/riss Russian International Summer School 2017 / Internship opportunities We offer our students the opportunity for immersion in the language through academic (nonpaid) internships in Russian and international organizations and companies that work in Moscow. Working with native Russian-speaking colleagues gives students the opportunity to acquire professional vocabulary, thus improving Russian business communication skills, e.g., business correspondence skills. These internships also allow students to gain invaluable professional experience, which often becomes their ticket to a prestigious company, and certainly allow them to stand out among the competition in the eyes of HR managers and admissions officers at graduate schools (see testimonials). We do not guarantee automatic placement at any of the organisations in the right column, but we do our best to find our students internship placements that match their academic majors and/or professional interests. Our current internship providers include: Center for Strategic Research (Think-tank) Center for Creative Industries (CCI) Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy (think-tank) Garage Art Gallery Groupon (Recommendation service) Hilti (Construction products and services) Kaspersky Lab (IT) Kidsave International (Charity) Central Children’s Hospital Maria’s Children (Charity) Moscow State University Choir Moscow Rowing Club Gulag Museum Olympic Star Fitness Center PIR-Center for Political Studies (think-tank) PR Partner (PR Agency) PwC Slavic Center for Law and Justice (Law firm) SOVA Center for Information and Analysis (NGO) The Cultural Fund “Yekaterina” The Institute for European Studies (Think-tank) The Moscow Times (Newspaper) The State Museum of Literature Tsaritsyno Museum and Park Vegas Lex Law Firm WCIOM (Russian Public Opinion Research Center)