Professor of Teaching, Learning and Psychology and Head of the School of Sciences at Bath Spa University, Dr Rebecca McGuire-Snieckus is the Associate Academic Director of the Global Academy Liberal Arts and is delighted to have been in this role since 2015.
Areas of interest for collaboration
- As Associate Academic Director I am keen to facilitate any collaborations across the network in teaching, research and University governance. I wrote the key areas for collaboration for four successful Erasmus + mobility bids including staff exchange between Bath Spa University and Addis Ababa University.
- As Chair of the Global Citizenship programme at Bath Spa University, I welcome any collaborations in this area – from comparative research opportunities to collaborations in connecting global citizenship students across programmes. Always interested to hear from / recommendations regarding distinguished academics, industry leaders and artists that may be interested in presenting their work on our speaker programme.
- As Professor of Teaching, Learning and Psychology I am interested in opportunities to share practice in teaching and learning to enhance experience and outcomes for students on programmes, particularly as we embrace more blended forms of delivery.
- As Head of the School of Sciences, I am interested in connecting with academics in the areas of psychology, sociology, criminology, geography, biology, environmental science and food science (physical and social sciences represented in our our school) for collaboration in teaching and / or research.
- My current research interest is in the area of adoption and I have recently developed a matching tool for adoption (to identify strengths and risks in matching prospective adopters with children in care) that has been embedded in practice in England. In the next tranche of research, I hope to explore factors predicting placement success (from disruptions to thriving). I welcome any international connections for comparative research.
Rebecca McGuire-Snieckus (bathspa.ac.uk)