In 2012, RANEPA created a Liberal Arts program, which in 2014 became a Liberal Arts College under the School of Public Policy. The Liberal Arts College established its own educational standards, a right granted to RANEPA by the President of the Russian Federation. Students of the program enjoy the many advantages of a Liberal Arts education, while at the same time benefitting from the opportunity to receive a Russian State diploma. Today Liberal Arts College offers 8 majors to its students. More than 280 students study in the College and there are more than 60 professors and academic advisors.
Currently, the Liberal Arts College at RANEPA and the Department of Liberal Arts and Sciences at St. Petersburg State University are the only institutions in Russia offering a Liberal Arts Education to their students.
- Digital Innovations;
- Russian studies;
- Education and Childhood;
- Creative Production and Cultural Economy;
- Public Policies;
- Ecology and Natural Resources.
- Conferences and researches dedicated to the standards of Liberal Arts Education;
- Workshops and exchange programs for teachers;
- Student conferences and research programs;
- Summer programs for international students interested in Russian studies.